Please read the What is the Application process, Add Additional States, and Renewals for instructions.
What is the Application process?
Be advised you are responsible for qualifying yourself as no member board can qualify you. There are no refunds. Please be sure to apply with an email address that you monitor closely as you will receive notifications and receipts in your inbox.
1. Use the link “Apply Now” on this website to begin the process.
2. You’ll be asked to select your State of Principal License(SPL). Please view the homepage to confirm your state is serving as an SPL. You will be requested to pay an application fee of $700.00 which is non-refundable. Please be sure to read the “Do I Qualify” tab to confirm your eligibility. Upon payment you will then complete a short application. The application must contain the physician’s contact information to avoid delay or rejection. INACCURATE INFORMATION of any kind may cause a rejection. You will receive an email receipt for your payment with a link to log back into the system in the event you did not complete the application.
3. Your chosen State of Principal Licensure (SPL) will receive your application and contact you with instructions on obtaining fingerprints to execute a national criminal background check. You have 60 days to complete your fingerprints and fulfill any requests the SPL may need or your application will be assumed withdrawn. The SPL will verify your qualifications.
4. If you are not qualified, you will be notified by email. You may contact the SPL to discuss why you were ineligible. ALL notifications will be sent to the physician’s email on record. If you are found to be qualified the SPL will send you an email with a link to select your states and download your Letter of Qualification. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders for this email. Please set your email to accept messages from the @docusign.net and @docusign.com domains.
5. You now are invited to select the IMLC Member States where you wish to be licensed and submit your license fees for those selections. After payment you will be launched into DocuSign to sign a Payment page. This may take 10 – 15 seconds. PLEASE DO NOT ABANDON THIS STEP as it will cease the process.
6. The Member States medical boards you selected will issue licenses to you at that time.
FOR STATUS PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SPL OR MEMBER BOARDS. SPL Verification process: Along with reviewing your training and other qualifications, the Letter of Qualification process involves querying data banks and running a criminal history background check. As a result, it may take several weeks for your selected State of Principal License to complete this step. After you receive a Letter of Qualification, however, the process of issuing licenses in IMLC Member States usually takes only a few days.
After receiving IMLC licenses you may Add Additional States
1. After receiving IMLC licenses you may select more states as long as your Letter of Qualification is less than 365 days from the date of issue.
2. Navigate to the Apply Now page. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the button that says ADDITIONAL SELECTIONS.
3. You will select your additional states to practice in and pay a handling fee of $100.00 at that time. NO REFUNDS.
4. The SPL will verify that your LOQ has not expired and you are eligible to select more states. If eligible, you will receive an email request to pay for the additional licenses in the states you have selected.
5. Click into the Review Documents button, pay for the licenses, and all of the states will receive requests to issue your licenses. Please be patience while the states process your license. You may contact the States for status.
Email email@example.com if you have further questions.
Renewals will be executed in accordance to each state’s renewal cycle.(YOU DO NOT RENEW YOUR SPL STATE WITH THE IMLC)
- Physicians shall receive advance notice(90 days) from the renewing state with instructions on how to proceed and the cost.
2. The physician will be asked to go to the www.imlcc.org and navigate to the Renewal tab to begin the renewal process. They will complete the short form on the website, pay their renewal fee, then launch into DocuSign to complete a short attestation and affidavit. The physician will receive a payment receipt and a link via email in the event the physician needs to continue completing the documents.
3. Upon document completion an email is sent to the renewing state to verify the physician has complied with all renewal requirements.
4. After verification the Renewing state will communicate with the physician of the results.