The Interstate Compact Commission adopted IMLCC Rule Chapter 8 as presented and IMLCC Rule Chapter 9 as presented.
No written comments were received on or before the established deadline. A Rulemaking Hearing is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, November 19, 2019. The start time for the Hearing is:
2:00 PM Eastern, 1:00 PM Central, Noon Mountain, 11:00 AM Pacific, 10:00 AM Alaska, 9:00 AM Hawaii, 5:00 am November 20, 2019 Guam
The Hearing will take place as part of the IMLCC Commission Annual meeting, held at the Luxor Resort & Casino, Egyptian Rooms 2 & 3, 3900 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV. A conference call number is available if unable to attend in person:
Conference Call Number = 888-585-9008
Conference Code = 422-513-668
At its October 8, 2019 meeting, the Rules and Administrative Procedures Committee passed a motion requesting that a Rulemaking Hearing take place at the IMLCC Commission Meeting scheduled to be held on Tuesday, November 19, 2019. The Rulemaking Hearing is to consider creating IMLCC Rule – Chapter 8 and IMLCC Rule – Chapter 9. Information about the location and call-in numbers for the Rulemaking Hearing on November 19, 2019 can be found on this webpage under the “Commission” tab in the “Meetings” section.
Comments regarding the proposed IMLCC Chapter 8 and IMLCC Rules Chapter 9 must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received no later than 5:00 PM (Colorado time), Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Comments will be posted on this webpage and provided to the IMLCC Commissioners prior to the Rulemaking Hearing.
The draft rules for consideration at the Rulemaking Hearing are below:
- IMLCC Rule – Chapter 8 – Rule on Notice to Licenses Upon Withdrawal or Termination of Membership in the Compact
- IMLCC Rule – Chapter 9 – Rule on Exemption from Disclosure of Records
- One comment was received during the public comment period and it is posted below:
- The Rules and Administrative Procedures Committee is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, October 8, 2019 to consider a motion to recommend that a Rulemaking Hearing be held on November 19, 2019 as part of the IMLCC Commission meeting. Notice of the Rulemaking Hearing, a copy of the Final Draft Rules, and information about providing comments on the proposed rules will be posted to the IMLCC webpage under the “Commission” tab in the “Meetings” section and on this page.
- The Rules and Administrative Procedures Committee has prepared a draft of IMLCC Rule Chapter 8 and IMLCC Rule Chapter 9 for public comment.
- The draft rules approved by the Rules and Administrative Procedures Committee are posted below:
- Comments must be submitted via email only and are due no later than 8:00 PM Eastern time on Monday, September 30, 2019.
- Submit comments to: email@example.com
- Please state “IMLCC Draft Rule Chapter 8 and 9 Comments” in the subject line of the email.
- The Rules and Administrative Procedures Committee will consider all comments received prior to the deadline. All comments received will be posted to this webpage. Please note that comments posted to the webpage may be edited to preserve confidentiality or appropriateness.
- It is the intention of the IMLCC to hold a rulemaking hearing at its November 19, 2019 meeting to consider adoption of IMLCC Rule Chapter 8 and IMLCC Rule Chapter 9 at that time. Additional information about the meeting, including instructions about making comments to be considered at the rulemaking hearing, will be posted on this webpage.
- The Rules and Administrative Procedures Committee has prepared an initial draft of IMLCC Rule Chapter 8 and IMLCC Rule Chapter 9.
- The initial draft rules were sent to the IMLCC Commissioners for comments in accordance with the IMLCC Statue, Section 12(b) and IMLCC Rule, Chapter 1. The following comments were received from the IMLCC Commissioners:
- Commissioner Spangler (WV) – Chapter 8
- Commissioner Spangler (WV) – Chapter 9
- Commissioner Landau (AZ) – Chapter 8 and 9
- Commissioner Marquand (MT) – Chapter 8 and 9
- Commissioner Marx (UT) – Part I – Chapter 8 and 9
- Commissioner Marx (UT) – Part II – Chapter 8 and 9
- Commissioner Smith (MD) – Chapter 8 and 9
- Commissioner Terranova (ME) – Chapter 8 and 9
- The Rules and Administrative Procedures Committee is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 11:30 AM Eastern to discuss the initial draft rules, commissioner comments, and to consider preparing a draft IMLCC Rule – Chapter 8 and IMLCC Rule – Chapter 9 for consideration at a rulemaking hearing at the November 19, 2019 IMLCC Commission meeting. Should draft rules be approved by the Rules and Administrative Procedures Committee, those draft rules will be made available for comment from all interested parties. Notice of the comment period will be posted to this webpage and emailed to all IMLCC Commissioners and all interested parties known to the IMLCC. The notice of the comment period will include instructions regarding the deadline to submit comments, where to direct comments, and the manner by which comments will be accepted.
Please continue to monitor this page for any upcoming IMLCC Rulemaking proposals.